A list of my qualifications for Intimacy Coordination, according to the Recommended Standards for Qualifications, Training, & Vetting of Intimacy Coordinators set by SAG-AFTRA. View the guidelines here.
NOTE: Qualifications listed include recent coursework (within the past 2 years) and facilitation directly linked to the SAG-AFTRA recommendations but do not fully reflect the extent of my professional work, lived experience, research and knowledge in all of these areas.
Consent & Intimacy Coordination
Foundations of Intimacy – Level 1 & 2 (2020 – ’21) – IDC Professionals, 27 total hours
– Two-part overview of IDC’s foundational pedagogy for Intimacy Directors and Intimacy Coordinators, including a focus on consent, communication, closure, context and choreography as well as power dynamics and intersectionality.
Best Practices (2021) – Theatrical Intimacy Education (TIE), 7 hours
– A workshop on Theatrical Intimacy Education’s pedagogy for best practices in Intimacy work, with an emphasis on consent, de-loaded language, accountability and closure practices.
Intimacy Training, Trust, and Community (2021) – Heartland Intimacy Design, 1 hour
– A workshop on the fundamentals of intimacy work according to Heartland Intimacy Design, with a focus on informed consent, closure practices, and the origins of the field of intimacy.
Anti-Harassment / Anti-Sexual Harassment
Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (2021) – IL Required Training Solutions, 1 hour
– Continuing Education certificate in sexual harassment prevention offered by the state of Illinois and valid through April 2022.
Sexual Coercion (2021) – Institute for Sexuality Education and Enlightenment (ISEE), 3 hours
– Course on the nature of and prevention of sexual coercion as required by my holistic sexuality education certificate program. Approved for 3 CEs by AASECT.
Movement Coaching & Masking Techniques
Refresher: Ingredients (2021)- Theatrical Intimacy Education (TIE), 3 hours
– A workshop on Theatrical Intimacy Education’s pedagogy for the “ingredients” for coaching actors through intimacy choreography in a de-sexualized and de-loaded way.
Sounding Sex: Building Intimacy in the Voice (2021) – Intimacy Coordinators of Color, 2 hours
– Detailed workshop on vocal coaching techniques when working with actors on scenes of simulated sex.
Childbirth Scenes for Intimacy Coordinators (2021) – Intimacy for Stage and Screen, 2 hours
– Overview workshop on movement coaching and masking techniques specific to working on childbirth scenes for intimacy coordinators.
Proper Use of Modesty Garments & Barriers
Intimacy Coordination (2021) – Theatrical Intimacy Education, 7 hours
– Overview workshop on the role of the intimacy coordinator for film and television, including details on the types of modesty garments and their uses, paperwork such as risk assessments and nudity riders and other logistics.
Refresher: Modesty Garments, Barriers and Masking (2021)- Theatrical Intimacy Education (TIE), 3 hours
– A workshop on the current options available in the industry for inclusive modesty garments and barriers for all skin tones as well as DIY options for modesty garments and barrier methods. Also, methods for masking intimacy for stage and for camera.
Mediation & Conflict Resolution
Accountability in our Communities – Ante Up Professional Development, Course Creation / Co-Facilitation
– Workshop curated for participants to examine methods of accountability and community safety as methods of mediating harm, conflict, abuse and hurt according to principles of Transformative Justice. Approved for 4 CEs by AASECT.
Intentional Apology Workshop (2021) – Ante Up Professional Development, 3 hours
– Workshop designed to examine the types of ineffective apologies and how to curate intentional apologies in moments of personal and professional failure and to examine how professional failure can be a tool for growth and learning. Approved for 3 CEs by AASECT.
Small Group Leadership: Skills in Managing Emotional Response (2021) – Institute for Sexuality Education and Enlightenment (ISEE), 2 hours
– Workshop curated for leaders of small groups to manage group dynamics, moments of conflict and to understand how to respond to moments of activation within the group (ie: microaggressions, trauma triggers, etc.). Approved for 2 CEs by AASECT
Gender Identity & Sexual Orientation
Revolution: New Ideas in Gender & Orientation (2020) – Institute for Sexuality Education and Enlightenment (ISEE), 3 hours
– Explorative workshop on the vast range of gender and orientation labels and how they interact with the different ways people form relationships. Approved for 3 CEs by AASECT.
Perfect Until Cut: The Life of an Intersex Activist (2020) – Institute for Sexuality Education and Enlightenment (ISEE), 1 hour
– Virtual workshop by an intersex activist on the realities of living with an intersex body and the exploration of intersex gender identity. Approved for 1 CE by AASECT.
Sexual Attitude Reassessment (SAR) (2020 – ’21) – Multiple Organizations, 70 hours total
– An intensive training and workshop for individuals in the field of sexuality education designed to examine their personal relationship to topics of gender, sexual orientation, alternative relationship styles, aging and development, and disability, amongst others. Participated in this intensive with multiple organizations (5 times total).
Anti-Racist / EDI Training
JEDI For Intimacy Professionals – Intimacy Coordinators of Color, Course Creation / Facilitation
– A Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion workshop curated specifically for Intimacy Professionals guided by Racial Justice, Intersectionality, Disability Justice and Transformative Justice principles.
Disability Justice: Part 1 & 2 (2021) – Ante Up Professional Development w/ Sins Invalid, 8 hours
– Workshop outlining the anatomy and application of Sins Invalid’s Disability Justice principles led by one of the originators of the framework, Patty Berne of Sins Invalid. Approved for 8 CEs by AASECT.
Beyond Buzzwords: Intersectionality: Theory, Framework, & Practice (2021) – Ante Up Professional Development, 4 hours
– Workshop outlining the origins and contributors to the Intersectionality framework, its common misuses, it’s limitations and methods for applying an intersectional approach to your work. Approved for 4 CEs by AASECT.
Building Capacity for a More Inclusive and Anti-racist Organization: Our Work for the Next Round (2021) – American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT), 4 hours
– Training outlining ways to examine implicit bias and to build more inclusive and anti-racist workplaces within the field of sexuality education and adjacent fields. Approved for 4 CEs by AASECT.
Foundations in Race, Intimacy, & Consent (2021) – Theatrical Intimacy Education, 2 hours
– A dedicated two-hour course that serves as an introduction to the intersections of race and intimacy, presented as part of a two part series by Kaja Dunn.
Stand Up Against Street Harassment (2020) – Hollaback!, 1 hour
– Training covering a clear, adaptable, and expert-approved set of tools that have been proven to reduce the prevalence of street harassment: Hollaback!’s 5D’s of bystander intervention.
Bystander Intervention 2.0: Conflict De-escalation (2020) – Hollaback!, 1 hour
– Using Hollaback!’s Observe-Breathe-Connect methodology, this workshop teaches how to identify potential conflict before it escalates using our “pyramid of escalation” and how to assess whether intervening is the right action.
Mental Health First Aid & Additional Trauma Training
Adult Mental Health First Aid USA (2020) – National Council for Behavioral Health, 8 hours
– Mental Health First Aid is a national program to teach the skills to respond to the signs of mental illness and substance use. Certified until 11/2/2023.
Psychological First Aid (2020) – Johns Hopkins University, 6 hours
– Utilizes the RAPID model (Reflective Listening, Assessment, Prioritization, Intervention, and Disposition), to provide professionals who may be asked, or might volunteer, to respond in times of emergency.
Trauma Responsive Principles for Sexuality Educators – Radical Healing Joy Collective, Course Creation / Co-facilitation
– Series of workshops developed to provide participants with tools for curating and maintaining trauma responsive spaces using principles developed by myself and Nadia Maynard, MSW based on extensive research and education in trauma, justice and accountability.